Subject: Re: [PATCH 14/13] test-wildmatch: avoid Windows path mangling

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:06:15 +0100

Am 13.11.2012 11:06, schrieb Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy:
> On Windows, arguments starting with a forward slash is mangled as if
> it were full pathname. This causes the patterns beginning with a slash
> not to be passed to test-wildmatch correctly. Avoid mangling by never
> accepting patterns starting with a slash. Those arguments must be
> rewritten with a leading "XXX" (e.g. "/abc" becomes "XXX/abc"), which
> will be removed by test-wildmatch itself before feeding the patterns
> to wildmatch() or fnmatch().
> 
> Reported-by: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  > The title taken together with the above explanation makes it sound
>  > as if wildmatch code does not work with the pattern /foo on Windows
>  > at all and to avoid the issue (instead of fixing the breakage) this
>  > patch removes such tests....
> 
>  OK how about this?

Thanks, the patch lets the tests pass on Windows.

-- Hannes