Subject: Re: [wishlist] support git flow-like view

From: "Holger Hellmuth (IKS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:52:05 +0100

Am 21.11.2012 01:13, schrieb Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer:
> Well, two ideas come to my mind:
>
> - detect when using git flow (.git/config contains [gitflow "some_branch"]
> entries).

Shouldn't it be part of the gitflow package then?

> - Show "swim-lane"-like graphs, including branches that may not be present,
> but where there (release branches often are created and merged back, for
> example)

As a general feature there could be a config option gitk reads with an 
ordered list of branch names (with wildcards). Those branches would 
always be printed in gitk as the leftmost branches (i.e. have their own 
lane on the left side). All other branches would be shown normally.

This would give you part of what you want, a special lane at least for 
master and develop and for branches you can group under wildcard branch 
names (for example if you prefix all release branches with "rel-").

And it would give others the ability to make special branches in gitk 
more visible.

(Yes I know, I'm talking again of stuff I won't have time or ability to 
implement ;-). Sigh)