Subject: Git repository and Maven project

From: Aleks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 23:00:14 +0200

Can you help to clarify such question.
We have 2 different projects.
Name of first project say "server".
Second - "client".
Every project has own maven build structure.
Server produces the war archive for deployment.
The Client project produces the client jar for testing Server application.
Aside from these projects we should store different artefacts like 
prototypes for developing pages for server project.
There are two opinions about approach to arrangement git repository.

1) Create one repository https://git.org/my-project/src
Create 3 separate folders inside of src directory. So we will have such 
structure :
root of repository https://git.org/my-project/src/
contains 2 different maven projects and folder for prototypes files
https://git.org/my-project/src/server
https://git.org/my-project/src/client
https://git.org/my-project/src/prototypes

2)Create for every maven project and prototypes separate repository.
https://git.org/my-server/src
https://git.org/my-client/src
https://git.org/prototypes/src

The root of maven project begins from src folder in every repository ( 
https://git.org/my-server/src and https://git.org/my-client/src)
The xml files and images of prototypes will be inside of 
https://git.org/prototypes/src
I believe the second approach more proper git-approach.
Such approach allows team to use such advanced git features like 
branging, merging, stash etc.

What approach is proper?

-- 

Best regards
Aleks