Subject: Re: [PATCH] t3070: Disable some failing fnmatch tests

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:05:35 +0000

Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Ramsay Jones
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> The failing tests make use of a POSIX character class, '[:xdigit:]'
>> in this case, which some versions of the fnmatch() library function
>> do not support. In the spirit of commit f1cf7b79 ("t3070: disable
>> unreliable fnmatch tests", 15-10-2012), we disable the fnmatch() half
>> of these tests.
> 
> I have no problem with this. You're on cygwin, right?

My main platform is Linux, but I also like to keep cygwin working.
(... and I also build MinGW just for fun!)

Yes, it was cygwin that suffered these test failures. (MinGW is built
with NO_FNMATCH=YesPlease.)

ATB,
Ramsay Jones