Subject: Re: GIT get corrupted on lustre

From: "Brian J. Murrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 10:11:28 -0500

On 12-12-24 09:08 AM, Eric Chamberland wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Doing a "git clone" always work fine, but when we "git pull" or "git gc"
> or "git fsck", often (1/5) the local repository get corrupted.

Have you tried adding a "-q" to the git command line to quiet down git's
"feedback" messages?

I discovered other oddities with using git on Lustre which I described
in this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/208886

I found that by simply disabling the feedback (which disables the
copious SIGALRM processing) I could alleviate the issue.

I wonder if your issues are more of the same.

I filed Lustre bug LU-2276 about it at:

http://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-2276

Cheers,
b.