Subject: Re: [LHF] making t5000 "tar xf" tests more lenient

From: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 23:50:01 +0100

Am 05.01.2013 21:11, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> René Scharfe <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Anyway, I don't think the pax headers are to blame here.
>
> Hmph, I am reasonably sure I saw a test that created an archive from
> a commit (hence with pax header), asked platform tar to either list
> the contents or actually extracted to the filesystem, and tried to
> ensure nothing but the paths in the repository existed in the
> archive.  When the platform tar implementation treated the pax
> header as an extra file, such a test sees something not in the
> repository and fails.

t5000 avoids that issue by comparing only the contents of a 
subdirectory.  The script could do with a little cleanup, in any case. 
Moving ZIP testing into its own file, more explicit pax header file 
handling, speaking file and directory names, and modern coding style 
would all be nice. :)

René