Subject: git-completion.tcsh and git-completion.zsh are broken?

From: Manlio Perillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:17:11 +0100

Hi.

I have finally resolved all the problems with my path completion in
git-completion.bash and, in order to avoid regressions, I'm checking the
git-completion.zsh and git-completion.tcsh scripts, since they use the
bash completion support.

I have installed (Debian 6.0.6):
* zsh 4.3.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
* tcsh 6.17.02 (Astron) 2010-05-12 (i586-intel-linux)
  options wide,nls,dl,al,kan,rh,nd,color,filec

Note that I'm using my modified git-completion.bash script.

zsh compatibility support in git-completion.bash seems to "work" (I just
get a segmentation fault ...), however I have problems with the .zsh and
.tcsh scripts.

$zsh
synapsis% source contrib/completion/git-completion.zsh
(anon):6: command not found: ___main
_git:11: command not found: _default

I have disabled compinit autoload (since, I don't know how, it is able
to find the git completion script)

$tcsh
synapsis:~/projects/git/contrib/git> source ~/.git-completion.tcsh
synapsis:~/projects/git/contrib/git> git show HEAD:<TAB>

does not show the file list for the tree object in the HEAD

another problem is that a space is added after a directory name.

Another problem with zsh:

$zsh
synapsis% git show HEAD:<TAB>569GPXZims

I don't know where that 569GPXZims came from.

Can someone else confirm these problems?

Thanks  Manlio