Subject: Re: GIT get corrupted on lustre

From: Eric Chamberland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:20:18 -0500

Hi Brian,

On 01/08/2013 11:11 AM, Eric Chamberland wrote:
> On 12/24/2012 10:11 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> Have you tried adding a "-q" to the git command line to quiet down git's
>> "feedback" messages?
>>
>

I moved to git 1.8.1 and added the "-q" to the command "git gc" but it 
occured to return an error, so the "-q" option is not avoiding the 
problem here... :-/

command in crontab:

cd /rap/jsf-051-aa/ericc/tests_git_clones/GIREF && for i in seq 10; do 
/software/apps/git/1.8.1/bin/git gc -q || true;done

results:
error: index file 
.git/objects/pack/pack-1f09879c88cd71a15dcc891713cf038d249830ad.idx is 
too small
error: refs/remotes/origin/BIB_Branche_1_4_x does not point to a valid 
object!

and this clone was a "clean" clone in which only "git qc -q" has been 
run on....

I still have a doubt on threads....

Eric