Subject: about vim contrib support

From: Manlio Perillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 12:17:31 +0100

Hi.

In the contrib/vim/README file there are instructions about how to setup
git support with Vim builtin git syntax files.

However these instructions seems to be redundant, since the system
filetype.vim file already have the autocmd rules.

The only issue I found is with:

autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead .msg.[0-9]*
	\ if getline(1) =~ '^From.*# This line is ignored.$' |
	\   setf gitsendemail |
	\ endif

It should be:

autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead [0-9]*.patch

IMHO it should contain some other checks, to make sure it is a patch
generated by git format-patch, and not, as an example, a plain patch or
a Mercurial patch.

By the way: I don't understand the purpose of gitsendemail syntax.
On my system it does not highlight the diff.

I have implemented an alternate gitpatch syntax file, attached.
What I would like to get, is to syntax highligth the commit subject
message, but I'm not a Vim expert.

Regards   Manlio