Subject: [PATCH] minor diff between gitweb docs and actual template for $GIT/description

From: Tim Chase <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:33:12 -0600

The documentation for gitweb gives one description of the default 
content for the $GIT/description, the description template has other 
text.  One of these two patches should be applied to bring them into 
order (applying both would just reverse the problem).  Or, both 
could be changed to the same new text.

-tkc
(not subscribed to the actual git ML, just [email-masked])

diff --git a/Documentation/gitweb.txt b/Documentation/gitweb.txt
index 168e8bf..7c4cb69 100644
--- a/Documentation/gitweb.txt
+++ b/Documentation/gitweb.txt
@@ -227,7 +227,7 @@ description (or `gitweb.description`)::
 	repository).  Plain text file; HTML will be escaped.  By default set to
 +
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Unnamed repository; edit this file to name it for gitweb.
+Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the repository.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 +
 from the template during repository creation, usually installed in
diff --git a/templates/this--description b/templates/this--description
index 498b267..c6f25e8 100644
--- a/templates/this--description
+++ b/templates/this--description
@@ -1 +1 @@
-Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the repository.
+Unnamed repository; edit this file to name it for gitweb.