Subject: Re: SSH version on Git 1.8.1.2 for Windows is outdated.

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 14:14:58 +0100

On 15.03.2013 21:11, Joshua Jensen wrote:

>> Yes, you should grab the msysGit (the Git for Windows build
>> environment) [2], tweak it to include the new OpenSSH binary, ensure it
>> builds and works OK and then send a pull request (or post your patchset
>> to the msysgit mailing list [3].
>>
> Wow, we can do that now?
>
> When I brought up the vastly improved performance from a newer SSH
> executable, I was told the only way to get it in would be to build from
> source [1].

"tweak it to include the new OpenSSH binary" is supposed to include the 
step to adjust the release.sh script to grab the updated sources and 
build the binary.

However, another option is to take a look at the new mingwGitDevEnv 
project [1], which relies on mingw-get to retrieve binary packages. I 
hopefully find soon the time to include OpenSSH 6.1p1 incl. HPN-SSH 
patches [2].

[1] https://github.com/sschuberth/mingwGitDevEnv
[2] https://github.com/sschuberth/mingwGitDevEnv/pull/5

-- 
Sebastian Schuberth