Subject: Segfault with merge-tree on multiple Git versions

From: Charlie Smurthwaite <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:29:29 +0000

I am experiencing a segmentation fault in various versions of Git using
different repositories. Specifically, I have reproduced it using a
public repo and the latest stable Git version. Other repos trigger the
error on different versions.

Full info can be found below. Thanks,

Charlie

Test repository:
https://github.com/atech/mail

Test Command
git merge-tree 26bb22a052fef9f74063afd4fc6fc11fe200b19f
8d6bdf012941d876b2279994e02f1bb0d5c26e7d
d5ef97ac407d945f231cd7c8fb1cfe48b3a12083

Environment:
Linux codebase-staging 2.6.32-41-server #91-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 13
11:58:56 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Git:
git version 1.8.2

Output:
charlie@codebase-staging:~/mail$ git merge-tree
26bb22a052fef9f74063afd4fc6fc11fe200b19f
8d6bdf012941d876b2279994e02f1bb0d5c26e7d
d5ef97ac407d945f231cd7c8fb1cfe48b3a12083
Segmentation fault

Charlie Smurthwaite aTech Media

tel. 01202 901 222 (ext. 603) email. [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> web. atechmedia.com<http://atechmedia.com>

aTech Media Limited is a registered company in England and Wales. Registration Number 5523199. Registered Office: Unit 9 Winchester Place, North Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1NX. VAT Registration Number: GB 868 861 560. This e-mail is confidential and for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.