Subject: more git weirdness (git rebase, merge conflicts

From: "J.V." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:51:37 -0600

I have a local/development branch tracked to origin/development.  I made 
no changes to local/dev and did a git pull with rebase, I did not expect 
any conflicts.

I got a conflict and was thrown onto another branch.  I attempted a 
merge (using IntelliJ) accepting everything from the server but a 
variable definition was missing for some odd reason and the merge was 
not successful (merge was resolved but the file would not compile) so I 
decided to simply go back to my dev branch and figure out how to do a 
git pull -f (force overwrite of all local files so that I could get my 
local/dev back into sync with origin/dev.

On my screwed up branch that I was thrust onto:
I typed:
     $git rebase --skip            <= I was stuck in a rebase (rebase 
failed, was thrown onto a tmp branch and thought this would get me out 
of there)

Now I have been sitting here for an hour watching  "Applying: <message" 
scroll by and it looks like the messages are going backwards into the 
past one by one.  What the hell is happening?

     Applying: add log information
     Applying: <previous message
     .... and it goes on and on and on.

All I want to do at this point is to get back to my dev branch and force 
pull from origin/dev while keeping all local files that have not been 
added to my local repo.

How do I stop this madness and get back to local dev and force pull from 
origin/dev     <= which is our master.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

J.V.