Subject: Re: git send-pack: protocol error: bad band #50

From: João Joyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:38:14 +0100

On 04/11/2013 07:37 PM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> João Joyce wrote:
>
>> I am not sure this is the right place to ask this.
> You're in the right place.
>
> [...]
>> I am trying to push some files to a server with git push. I have
>> configured the server to push the files:
>>      git remote set-url test ssh://[email-masked]:2200/fullpath/
>>
>> but I am getting the following error:
>>      git send-pack: protocol error: bad band #50
>>      fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> That means that where git expected to read a binary sideband number,
> it instead received the byte \x32 (ASCII '2').
>
> Without more details, it's hard to debug this further.  Can you get
> a trace of the communication by setting the envvar
> GIT_TRACE_PACKET=/tmp/log on the client?
>
> Thanks and hope that helps,
> Jonathan
>

Hi,

Thank you for the help. Here is the trace:

packet:         push< 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 
capabilities^{}\0 report-status delete-refs side-band-64k quiet ofs-delta
packet:         push< 0000
packet:         push> 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 
17c420b8bd99856aee6da9c1743f6df0ec18a9ca refs/heads/master\0 
report-status side-band-64k
packet:         push> 0000
packet:         push< 
20b8bd99856aee6da9c1743f6df0ec18a9cac28267338c198573ad59e89d0acc445a62b3d127 
acf853d0a30287d9455dbe1707edeb16cc3e9b22 
conf.php845ecef1e4aaece71ef357285c2df71056ae0314 
db98699a6c68b653be1fa8dceb64204397d9814cd1 
db/db.sqlfed89aa6a337c6ab5a89dba13702a65ab70372bd 
httpff2a325bfd33f1fb7098b5688ffe99fe67bf5874 
http/apifbf53a7bcd223485e56d30715a794a7e067df8d2 
http/api/.htaccess84d1f0580e88c6351df884200ebcd526d8b145ea 
http/api/index.php9b8a7a21fa6e4c3a9672469b9b4a7e51a336d015 
http/www9a464b3db152808bc74512304054ac25a63cb9b7 
http/www/files8cab2dab60f85385de1ef984a976a038176c2015 
http/www/files/foundationa5cb50f4203d7176a505857ac80ffbbcf562c91f 
http/www/files/foundation/cssc2a844c8a00ef41d912f53c40026580f2b10fd00 
http/www/files/foundation/css/accessibility_foundicons.css699d805b9f5858111d4bc95705df22f6137ec14a 
http/www/files/foundation/css/accessibility_foundicons_ie7.css8e0ddf1ac316d9231277a77bcd550895f291b5c7 
http/www/files/foundation/css/foundation.css1d592b3fc77c4b44af67b82edbee4cc51b8a97d9 
http/www/files/foundation/css/foundation.min.css3c308c85cf36052810d35c08d4f5bbc233cf61ea 
http/www/files/foundation/css/general_foundicons.cssd5b3776730a16e4ec61bad31526cc0a5a24096bc 
http/www/files/foundation/css/general_foundicons_ie7.cssa9c6f52f05e50c6fd8dab6c30e22c8d4ea2f15ea 
http/www/files/foundation/css/normalize.css914f6472ffce7135f191048a923e07e7886f192b 
http/www/files/foundation/css/social_foundicons.css6a3c9c07729fc466c38e6a40d36b298de881706b 
http/www/files/foundation/css/social_foundicons_ie7.cssd44839248d958fdc96fa044dae0ea71dffd35bde 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts5008ddfcf53c02e82d7eee2e57c38e5672ef89f6 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/.DS_Store237a0ca97e568531dc58bf7c81202028af1e881c 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/accessibility_foundicons.eot49c0d07bea6f18cdbc35ee938b1b3f48cacce64c 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/accessibility_foundicons.svg46a67f8d0223b881ca74ccafb44b64664552b937 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/accessibility_foundicons.ttf4eae85189fee6930191b69e31a09b34e6a9a9c19 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/accessibility_foundicons.woff20733a0388ef77572cbc55cbf76cc46babf0a15d 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/general_foundicons.eota9347515264ac712b5d083eaa231929243ea7142 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/general_foundicons.svg90a5ccead2d84d036bd8ed66926af93b21621df5 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/general_foundicons.ttfdaab63141b07e0a1fa8efd931a98945b837bd4aa 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/general_foundicons.woffa9341f49f12c10aaa5db2bc74ed3889245ce9a3a 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/social_foundicons.eoteb4189cd70c623deaa25e5bb55ab210d27fe2d14 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/social_foundicons.svg01158c66b13b6f90e7b7d1cdb5c4e7369c6434ae 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/social_foundicons.ttfbd1f1e58a692b73205fce579faee81801d3157aa 
http/www/files/foundation/fonts/social_foundicons.woffcd2531e2044a9c1875159ff1278aafac1aaa8944 
http/www/files/foundation/img8b137891791fe96927ad78e64b0aad7bded08bdc 
http/www/files/foundation/img/.gitkeep36b90e58095363e46845d98d979700d16019830e 
http/www/files/foundation/js596287860dbdcd04dd8a78d2ee1999862286515a 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation.min.jsec14148b2d83476fffebf3cba39d6516844b7200 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundationb78a35a14d000346914644cc0e9783a40f64760d 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.alerts.jsc8ff324991762b763dd936da49415fff1ec2de93 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.clearing.js862027c8631db60070e8c3ebd7b8953c0283c561 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.cookie.js24b35e12e7860a80edb9f16a0209715f249f96b0 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.dropdown.js6a27af4ad0e0865235cd3a84cd251b8f928510ba 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.forms.js323e6e1e633ace0dcc873553b8df03a28bcd78bc 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.joyride.js87c3b65bd9231264c110749b7ad75214cee50c93 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.js3cdef5b617b054a355f80a5bce164cc1ed8a419e 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.magellan.js54c467efd46e3c199ae4dd0860ee5196403b1027 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.orbit.js65c18fc2b4383b5111953114c13ebdb2ba3c5cda 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.placeholder.js31a450ad44b7ec6593bdefc4a88c781a45c418e1 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.reveal.js1069794478f6c4032e1caf4ecc24bce961482835 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.section.js1696e2ad5bbf72ba052f9aa4105e58edee08b16f 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.tooltips.js8cc27f1c18db7281602cc4f7d0a193c199ab2d40 
http/www/files/foundation/js/foundation/foundation.topbar.js14566fdbdbde4c4369ba4b8d0ce646c4621efeb1 
http/www/files/foundation/js/vendore5afa6ca3c2624ca9e253f5626ae46355ada74e3 
http/www/files/foundation/js/vendor/custom.modernizr.js6362d0f3394e4a90561ab33c0650d32572ae4d93 
http/www/files/foundation/js/vendor/jquery.jsb74544c5cf84ac78d2030c28cd9f521e80136b5f 
http/www/files/foundation/js/vendor/zepto.js006488437dda8a1ec87a3e912a79a5918f170dde 
http/www/files/scripts4e6c262c7d9a2fcc37206422a434e92cda10cd6a 
http/www/files/scripts/ajax.jse2c203fe978b83f4ca8d1ba97633f5a5d50bd53b 
http/www/files/scripts/jquery-1.9.1.js6896a531cd562cc4a2eb31e2be0e8131905a90e0 
http/www/files/scripts/sha512.js272f790b91010bed997f0ed7d4a616f03e627a6a 
http/www/index.phpb1fd6c496624710b8748877d7512766018178342 
server_filesc4769e6f5ade18f1dea9eb1e44743378cb7e2c5a 
server_files/api_classesc31151cdf2d4a6136fe95089b39eb3d3cecdf3c3 
server_files/api_classes/user.phpe61c5338616a6b0e32e953c603944fc088a82bd1 server_files/libraries51d26aa3fb9789f86adf6e4b051fa98ce2b085a4 
server_files/libraries/debugmode.php8f3a40b616c83a77235d1a16a230ee6996cfca2b 
server_files/libraries/restlerc282fca7ac71e27ac69fa3ac4cb19367f7ceee00 
server_files/libraries/restler/.gitignore7e60fed960715e64352fdd71f37ccfe21089a698 
server_files/libraries/restler/Makefileffa7a78d0ba68d1bba59e04532aa856b14afc817 
server_files/libraries/restler/README.md249b48318375db88df5e2dec82c3744a227bac26 
s