Subject: Re: git clone does not understand insteadOf URLs

From: Gioele Barabucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:09:56 +0200

Il 26/05/2013 20:00, Andreas Schwab ha scritto:
>> Simple, I keep all my projects on the same server, so I would like to
>> refer to that server + path using 'remote-repo'.
>>
>> "git+ssh://git.example.org//users/gioele/projects" insteadOf "remote-repo"
>
> You can use "remote-repo:" instead.

Do you mean I could use 
"git+ssh://git.example.org//users/gioele/projects" insteadOf 
"remote-repo:"? Yes, but now I have dozens of repositories already set 
up in various workstations and I do not want to go and change all of them.

What really bugs me is the fact that `git clone` and `git remote add` 
parse the same path in different ways. Git already has many 
inconsistencies. This one can be easily ironed out.

Regards,

-- 
Gioele Barabucci <[email-masked]>