Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/1] cygwin: Remove the Win32 l/stat() functions

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 00:18:56 +0100

Torsten Bögershausen wrote:
[ ... ]

>>> (And have a look how to improve the core.filemode)
>>
>> I don't understand this (parenthetical) comment; could you
>> elaborate on this.
>>

> This is probably wrong information:
> I had in mind that cygwin sets core.filemode=false,

It does, see commit c869753e ("Force core.filemode to false on
Cygwin", 30-12-2006).

> which is quite annoying when exchanging .sh files with linux.

Indeed, I used to build git with NO_TRUSTABLE_FILEMODE reset so
that I wouldn't have to edit the config file by hand after a
git-clone or git-init.

> But that seems to be wrong, a quick test shows that core.filemode=true.

Hmm, it shouldn't - confused!

> Sorry for confusion.

ATB
Ramsay Jones