Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use compat/regex on Cygwin

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:03:14 -0400

On 07/16/2013 05:41 PM, Ramsay Jones wrote:
> Mark Levedahl wrote:
>> Cygwin's regex library does not pass git's tests, so don't use it. This
>> fixes failures in t4018 and t4034.
> Hmm, these tests have always passed for me on cygwin. So, this is
> presumably a regression in the new-lib regex library versions used
> by cygwin 1.5 and cygwin 1.7.
>
> ATB,
> Ramsay Jones
>
>
>
Perhaps we should just completely separate cygwin 1.5 settings from 
those for current cygwin. Extra motivation is that cygwin 1.5 is no 
longer on the mirrors - the last real update was mid 2009, and the 
project finally removed the installation tree altogether.

Mark