Subject: git svn fetch segfault on exit

From: Jonathan Lambrechts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:21:06 +0200

Hi,
I'm using archlinux with git version 1.8.3.3, svn version 1.8.0 
(r1490375) and perl v5.18.0 (built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi)

Every git svn call that involves a fetch produces a segmentation fault 
on exit (but the operation succeeds).

*** Error in `/usr/bin/perl': double free or corruption (!prev): 
0x0000000002ce1ac0 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x788ae)[0x7fd4d83798ae]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x79587)[0x7fd4d837a587]
/usr/lib/libapr-1.so.0(apr_allocator_destroy+0x1d)[0x7fd4d568e9ad]
/usr/lib/libapr-1.so.0(apr_pool_terminate+0x30)[0x7fd4d568f590]
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/auto/SVN/_Core/_Core.so(_wrap_apr_terminate+0x50)[0x7fd4d6886920]
/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE/libperl.so(Perl_pp_entersub+0x571)[0x7fd4d876f821]
/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE/libperl.so(Perl_runops_standard+0x16)[0x7fd4d8767e26]
/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE/libperl.so(Perl_call_sv+0x3b0)[0x7fd4d86f93b0]
/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE/libperl.so(Perl_call_list+0x2c7)[0x7fd4d86fb477]
/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE/libperl.so(perl_destruct+0x1321)[0x7fd4d86fca91]
/usr/bin/perl(main+0x111)[0x400e01]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x7fd4d8322a15]
/usr/bin/perl[0x400e71]

This bug has already been reported by others on subversion mailing list 
and and archlinux bbs:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36070
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.user/114019

I tried to fix it but the problem is that I know absolutely nothing of 
perl. Anyway, I noticed that with the modifications bellow (in 
Git::SVN::Ra::new) the crash does not occur (I do not think it's a real 
fix though).

--- /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Git/SVN/Ra.pm.orig    2013-07-18 
11:15:23.584625508 +0200
+++ /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Git/SVN/Ra.pm    2013-07-18 
11:16:14.624622422 +0200
@@ -79,7 +79,6 @@
      SVN::_Core::svn_config_ensure($config_dir, undef);
      my ($baton, $callbacks) = 
SVN::Core::auth_open_helper(_auth_providers);
      my $config = SVN::Core::config_get_config($config_dir);
-    $RA = undef;
      my $dont_store_passwords = 1;
      my $conf_t = ${$config}{'config'};
      {
@@ -108,7 +107,7 @@
                            config => $config,
                    pool => SVN::Pool->new,
                            auth_provider_callbacks => $callbacks);
-    $RA = bless $self, $class;
+    $self = bless $self, $class;

      # Make sure its canonicalized
      $self->url($url);
@@ -118,7 +117,7 @@
      $self->{cache} = { check_path => { r => 0, data => {} },
                         get_dir => { r => 0, data => {} } };

-    return $RA;
+    return $self;
  }

  sub url {

Jonathan