Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove deprecated OPTION_BOOLEAN

From: Stefan Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:04:21 +0200

On 07/29/2013 07:58 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Stefan Beller <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> So recently Junio released -rc0. Is that a reason to not
>> send out patches, which do not do bugfixes? So the following 
>> commit for example doesn't fix a bug nor does it add a feature.
>> Is it fine to send out such kind of commits during the -rc
>> times or better wait for the next development cycle?
> 
> It would be a good idea to show it to others as a preview of what to
> come even in a pre-release freeze period, so that people holding
> real patches in the affected area can work with you to avoid
> conflicts.
> 
> But I would not expect them to be applied to the upcoming release,
> nor even 'next'---this largely depends on the maintainer workload.
> 
> Thanks.
> 

Thanks for the answer. Let me rephrase the question a little bit:
Would you rather encourage to send it out now, or later?
("I'll apply it ot a local branch and eventually remember it next
release to merge." or "I'll forget about such stuff, you need to
resend it anyway.")

Regarding possible merge conflicts I'd be happy to resolve them
and not add a burden to people doing features.

Stefan