Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jul 2013, #09; Mon, 29)

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 21:51:51 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>>>  I am personally in favor of this simpler solution.  Comments?
>>
>> I had expected this to me marked for 'master'.
>>
>> Has this simply been overlooked, or do you have reservations about
>> applying this patch?
> 
> I am just being careful and do want to keep it cooking in 'next'
> during the feature freeze.  The more users work with 'next' (not
> "work *on* 'next'"), the more confidence we would be with, and
> hopefully this can be one of the topis that graduate early after
> the 1.8.4 release.

Hmm, this patch is a bug-fix for a bug that (currently) will be
_introduced_ by v1.8.4.

Do you want me to try and find a different bug-fix for v1.8.4?
(Although that would most likely be more risky than simply taking
this patch! ;-) ).

ATB,
Ramsay Jones