Subject: Issue with compiling git 1.8.4 under uclibc with gcc 4.6.3

From: Lance <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:10:43 -0600

Up until the latest release, I've been able to compile git for a uclibc 
based embedded linux. The toolchain I use is from "entware", which is 
based off of the openwrt toolchain.
https://code.google.com/p/wl500g-repo/

Somewhere between git 1.8.3.4 & 1.8.4 there seems to be some changes 
that breaks compilation for my particular situation.  When cross 
compiling I receive the following error.  I also receive the same error 
when compiling natively on the uclibc based device itself.
Not sure if being uclibc based has anything to do with it, but is 
noteworthy. I am not a c programmer.
Both the cross compiler, and embedded device's version off gcc is 4.6.3.
Previous versions compile fine

     CC config.o
config.c: In function 'get_next_char':
config.c:220:14: error: expected identifier before '(' token
config.c:220:14: error: expected statement before ')' token
config.c:220:14: error: expected statement before ')' token
config.c:224:11: error: expected identifier before '(' token

Lance