Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 6/8] refs: add update_refs for multiple simultaneous updates

From: Brad King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:20:06 -0400

On 09/01/2013 02:08 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Though the refs themeselves cannot be modified together in a single
> 
> "themselves".

Fixed.

> I notice that we are using an array of structures and letting qsort
> swap 50~64 bytes of data

Michael suggested this too, so fixed.

> Optionally we could silently dedup multiple identical updates and
> not fail it in ref-update-reject-duplicates.  But that does not have
> to be done until we find people's script would benefit from such a
> nicety.

We can always be less strict about input later, so I'd like to keep
the implementation simpler for now.

> By the way, unless there is a strong reason not to do so,
> post-increment "i++" (and pre-decrement "--i", if you use it) is the
> norm around here.

Okay, fixed in entire series.

>> +			locks[i] = 0; /* freed by update_ref_write */
> 
> I think what is assigned here is a NULL pointer.

Yes, fixed.

Thanks,
-Brad