Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-gui: Modify push dialog to support Gerrit review

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 10:57:14 +0200

Please do not top-post.

Am 9/5/2013 10:29, schrieb Jørgen Edelbo:
> -----Original Message----- From: Johannes Sixt
>> Am 9/2/2013 10:54, schrieb Joergen Edelbo:
>>> Changes done:
>>> 
>>> Remove selection of branches to push - push always HEAD. This can be
>>> justified by the fact that this far the most common thing to do.
>> 
>> What are your plans to support a topic-based workflow? "Far the most
>> common thing to happen" is that someone forgets to push completed
>> topics. With this change, aren't those people forced to relinguish
>> their current work because they have to checkout the completed topics
>> to push them?
> 
> I am not quite sure what your concern is.

When I have completed topics A and B, but forgot to push them, and now I
am working on topic C, how do I push topics A and B?

You say I can only push HEAD. I understand this that I have to stop work
on C (perhaps commit or stash any unfinished work), then checkout A, push
it, checkout B, push it, checkout C and unstash the unfinished work. If my
understanding is correct, the new restriction is a no-go.

-- Hannes