Subject: Re: Same test-path-utils behaves differently on different Windows systems

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:04:48 +0200

Am 10.10.2013 21:47, schrieb Sebastian Schuberth:
> So the obvious thing would be to replace /a/b/ with
> /foo/bar/ in the tests, but that just masks the problem, or?

The strange behavior is not a problem in Git, it is a problem of MSYS.
Using /foo/bar instead of /a/b in Git's test suite is a reasonable
work-around.

If you mean that you get ../../C:/something from the relative_path
computation, that *is* a problem in Git, which is addressed by the topic
jx/relative-path-regression-fix.

> PS: I'm also quite unhappy about naming the function "mingw_path". The
> path mangling comes from MSYS, not MinGW, so if at all it should be
> named msys_path. But as the code for the "mingw_path" function does
> nothing either MSYS or MinGW related but just prints argv[2] as it was
> passed to main() it should probably simply called "print_path".

You have a point here. If it were to change, "echo_path" would be my
preference.

-- Hannes

-- 
-- 
*** Please reply-to-all at all times ***
*** (do not pretend to know who is subscribed and who is not) ***
*** Please avoid top-posting. ***
The msysGit Wiki is here: https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/wiki - Github accounts are free.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "msysGit" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email-masked]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email-masked]
For more options, and view previous threads, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit?hl=en_US?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "msysGit" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.