Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/3] test: use unambigous leading path (/foo) for mingw

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:32:08 +0200

On 20.09.2013 04:38, Jiang Xin wrote:

> In test cases for relative_path, path with one leading character
> (such as /a, /x) may be recogonized as "a:/" or "x:/" if there is
> such DOS drive on MINGW platform. Use an umambigous leading path
> "/foo" instead.
 >
 > Also change two leading slashes (//) to three leading slashes (///),
 > otherwize it will be recognized as UNC name on MINGW platform.

Note that the path mangling comes from MSYS [1], not MinGW, so you 
should place "MINGW" with "MSYS" in several places. As a side-note, the 
official spelling is "MinGW", not "MINGW".

> -relative_path /a/b/c/	/a/b/		c/

> +relative_path /foo/a/b/c/	/foo/a/b/	c/

Wouldn't it have been more straight-forward to just replace "a" with 
"foo", "b" with "bar" and "c" with "baz" (or whatever)? So that the 
first line would say

relative_path /foo/bar/baz/	/foo/bar/		baz/

Thanks for the fix!

[1] http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Posix_path_conversion

-- 
Sebastian Schuberth