Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] branch: rename orphan branches in any worktree

From: Rubén Justo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 00:34:13 +0100

On 19-ene-2023 13:33:06, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Rubén Justo <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > +	if (!copy && !(ishead > 1) &&
> 
> Logically it might be necessary to be able to extend "is that branch
> what we have checked out, yes or no?" bool into something else that
> can be something other than 0 or 1, but as soon as you did so,
> "is_head" is no longer a Boolean "is it a HEAD, yes or no?".
> 
> Now what does that value really _mean_?  Please rename the variable
> and helper function appropriately to make it clear what is going on.

The idea is that an unborn branch needs to be a HEAD, so (head > 1)
codifies that information.

As I said in another reply in this thread, I'm going to reroll.  I hope
to make it clearer then.

Thank you.