Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/86] replace prefixcmp() with has_prefix()

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:09:17 +0100

On 2013-11-09 08:05, Christian Couder wrote:
> Here is a big patch series to replace prefixcmp() with a new
> has_prefix() function.
>

Seems like totally useless codechurn to me. Besides, prefixcmp()
ties in nicely with strcmp() and memcmp() (and returns 0 on a
match just like its namesakes), whereas your function must return
non-zero on match and thus can't be used as a qsort() callback.
Granted, prefixcmp() lends itself poorly to that as well, but at
least it's consistent with the other *cmp() functions.

So -1 on this whole series.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.