Subject: Re: Problem while cloning a git repo

From: Yann COLLETTE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:58:33 +0100

Hello,

When I perform the git clone via git, it works. The problem is only 
happening via http.
I tried to play with http.postBuffer and I set this parameter to it's 
maximum (a little bit before a git clone triggered a memory alloc 
problem) and I see that something big is trying to be downloaded. But I 
don't see such a big file in my history of commits. The maximum one 
seems to be around 50 Mo ...

Le 13/11/2013 01:20, brian m. carlson a écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 01:50:24PM +0100, [email-masked] wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I clone a repository, I get an error from git:
>>
>> git clone http://192.168.0.18:8080/test test_Gerrit
>> Clonage dans 'test_Gerrit'...
>> remote: Counting objects: 25106, done
>> remote: Finding sources: 100% (25106/25106)
>> error: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200iB | 8.12 MiB/s
> curl code 56 is a receive error (CURLE_RECV_ERROR).  It sounds like
> you're encountering some sort of network error or broken proxy.  Does
> cloning this repository over the git protocol or SSH work, or can you
> try it over https (to avoid the proxy)?
>