Subject: Re: error: git-remote-https died of signal 13

From: Stefan Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:54:34 +0100

On 24.11.2013 07:54, Jeff King wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 05:36:36PM +0100, Stefan Beller wrote:
> 
>> sb@sb:/tmp$ git clone https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTear.git
>> Cloning into 'ValyriaTear'...
>> remote: Counting objects: 21346, done.
>> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (6307/6307), done.
>> remote: Total 21346 (delta 16463), reused 19820 (delta 15000)
>> Receiving objects: 100% (21346/21346), 176.39 MiB | 445.00 KiB/s, done.
>> Resolving deltas: 100% (16463/16463), done.
>> Checking connectivity... done.
>> error: git-remote-https died of signal 13
>>
>> However the repository seems to be cloned fine.
>> I can clone different repos from github and they are working fine
>> without the error.
>> Would that be an issue on my side or on githubs side?
> 
> Almost certainly on your side. 13 is SIGPIPE, so git-remote-https is
> trying to write something but the other side of the pipe has hung up.
> This might be a race condition in the transport-helper protocol, where
> we've had similar problems before.
> 
> It doesn't reproduce here for me. Can you reproduce it consistently on
> this repo? I would not be at all surprised if it is intermittent.
>

I tested 3 times before sending the mail and I always got the error.
Testing now doesn't always trigger this problem. So yeah it's kind of intermittent.
 
> If you can reproduce, it would be interesting to see the output with
> GIT_TRANSPORT_HELPER_DEBUG=1, or even with "strace -f". That could at
> least tell us what it was trying to write (and to where) when it got the
> SIGPIPE.
> 
> -Peff
> 

Here is the output of 
sb@sb:/tmp$ GIT_TRANSPORT_HELPER_DEBUG=1 git clone https://github.com/Bertram25/ValyriaTear.git tmp
Cloning into 'tmp'...
Debug: Remote helper: -> capabilities
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- fetch
Debug: Got cap fetch
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- option
Debug: Got cap option
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- push
Debug: Got cap push
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- check-connectivity
Debug: Got cap check-connectivity
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 
Debug: Capabilities complete.
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 064275ea9c91688442ab215b5b641ac93fdd77b0 HEAD
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a32429792c9b393732bd026d42374f226c928559 refs/heads/0.6
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 6153fdaf34d9d3eec5fc1541b0373db6ef0eac25 refs/heads/HEI-Release
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 9d452017c18389120c662bfe5a3379a0c15458e7 refs/heads/HeroOfAllacrost
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 064275ea9c91688442ab215b5b641ac93fdd77b0 refs/heads/master
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- f5a3727f88d5c48f3c28af85bd32567772314c1a refs/heads/sdl2
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- aa2cc4a7961e5c85db8c971f8ca15febeea84ac9 refs/pull/101/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b707dc07da480829b46b31b114fa3335ac10066f refs/pull/101/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 995d48764fd0485e1fd2286768926d33f436b983 refs/pull/103/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 40c6020443fabf86b9516567caf4aa5b4478022d refs/pull/103/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 0fc5e0abd6e5070df90b155a54c80ec07aabb1f0 refs/pull/111/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- dd855fe5f09f9984dad933b9512305b9ab539c55 refs/pull/111/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- de0347d77025ad8b87da616c487c650b28834182 refs/pull/114/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 224b18b50c2a0a58c6566972b7d85a5451f5c3aa refs/pull/114/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- fae33cbba4cf3c0a786f23ae6ef1808c77e4d79f refs/pull/115/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 1659dffb9828946b77fc41ef175a91f94d908e55 refs/pull/115/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ee99c3b5c2e31482c89826c7821a8feadda0ec56 refs/pull/116/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ab9e412654cc8a3f50fcf63e73aa6232e35bd7a9 refs/pull/116/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a04786140b697f3d732caae99984d94c66d8da57 refs/pull/117/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b07e621e4bce831daf2881eb128b1ebef2b83414 refs/pull/117/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- c303913334cadcaefecb7ef8df51b9437a0d9d65 refs/pull/118/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- fd074efa3286be31b92c6380a85ce15799f3ce7d refs/pull/118/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 5eb3c686e430c8337652e56313a23a394482b552 refs/pull/119/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a69fdef2ab67447024133a84ce3835519809ef3a refs/pull/119/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- d217eaf9ee0758e5589a52ca03dde3e741ed139e refs/pull/120/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 2646a7baa37e7abecc32ef64fdc1a8d8390b0078 refs/pull/120/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 67d29a5a5880da9be97ce1b7986a42ca2728a535 refs/pull/133/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 3aa0ca69b8aeaf584da8214fb8659268ea0861fd refs/pull/133/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b72e8ca2f6983f814a230da6c97efac0092709db refs/pull/135/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- fb7bd1c2c190e2802924a04f9b9138680dc7feb6 refs/pull/135/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ecd8db92684f8b4b306ba22a3d031586867712eb refs/pull/136/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 6f3255b619407401d5e917414b9290b49d29c45e refs/pull/136/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- c818fb005b57df1b6a1702a17c426031f9a7d4f5 refs/pull/137/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 2f20102c596087ee993315ee63668aa0946e4ac7 refs/pull/137/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 8717cfb9f689b12420ed6c1d99b7287809aa08c1 refs/pull/139/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- c4342ccd4157722fc04a26a202205c7e1b8bf77e refs/pull/139/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b7b92e6a0997d8e564b058b25bc4c82426ca4e12 refs/pull/140/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 4035dd121da5218fe45044c1d4a5974e2724a9b6 refs/pull/140/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 47f4834f015392c588e0ee7204552a9c0f648a78 refs/pull/144/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 9a90bfa25c4d448227815b182d78d206a3785be9 refs/pull/145/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 07ff69b42879a1f4ae1d4c747e70a49c4d7f3b6c refs/pull/145/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 6fa31b5145cc9105523bfe358b215d9cb1022290 refs/pull/146/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 0d0ca67bced99463f0bd969b7cd5f6fe1d9dc4dc refs/pull/146/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- e3a4d29fd4c5b33ff7e3359dc0640ae5fcfcdba6 refs/pull/151/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b4e2bda0ba11d2225f4fbbf778a2d2666d9b10b9 refs/pull/151/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- f8a2e833944f1e07e603ea67cd2d2d18ebf52661 refs/pull/152/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b6ecd4822f403b9c7d6f376ab516856ad3b71ecd refs/pull/152/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- f93cde603cc4d5b566507495a9bfa6b7e33870e2 refs/pull/154/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- e52682db2a98cd5aff36531d2cac72797fdfc113 refs/pull/154/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b35e6ef9c42bd58e7dc93a625a6d38369e51eb45 refs/pull/16/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a4b3ec6df618e39076c98e9de9c7d3590cbd6948 refs/pull/16/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 77433715ae16062650125c3ca9c6e3cf4781f556 refs/pull/165/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- d344ffb0823d0b6eb783faa61362ace28ce3d25d refs/pull/165/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 807d1212c20a90b3272df065e2d760534de325e7 refs/pull/173/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ddfb5ab3b908fb742eb9600620f062461da96112 refs/pull/173/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 6cea8518d3d8f8c4712dceee2830f391c2ea1386 refs/pull/175/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- c6942e7329f65d7e16d3e2c460ed1b90af5204ef refs/pull/175/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 0b74db27b2b1db1dcfdd1b238fd5dcfc4725b3a8 refs/pull/176/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 487fb35d2558a62440487ca5466af53a1cfd1c3c refs/pull/176/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a2453e58058e57d9f8d55c12cafb42865981df93 refs/pull/177/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b9cd7ec469bf1470317106f4b3e4fa357c16f17c refs/pull/177/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 4ee3fc1bfaee3a9f80f672f11fb9fa7ee7de5ca4 refs/pull/180/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 12dd091a4f2979a1eceb7b775d803a503ca8eacd refs/pull/180/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 7fc474ca95fbd60c4ee2d61d5cfbdb9a681697a5 refs/pull/181/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 7fc03a7250a6a5fb6d29ad7175cb34ae5d897b85 refs/pull/181/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 1acdb17064604518c973e386d80d460a020f14c5 refs/pull/182/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 413e75591bce8c7e2797eabcc41ae3af46765bbd refs/pull/182/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 0009b73972bd3dcfc227df5b5cd9fe3033b7667a refs/pull/183/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 478ad00eeb9a0b0042d8ace521b6963fa79461a0 refs/pull/183/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 2b304b528b76000aa3eb2acef7d3ff56753174dc refs/pull/184/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 6844a78056eaa79cba3d5ffe4b8daaecbd2c05fe refs/pull/184/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- e99f34aaef9e070f2620f336447e0d6b284d9855 refs/pull/185/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 59e47dba9e3b1e80b30d2e88beab5b16983c8db3 refs/pull/185/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 4232e258a00614102b6476d2b79b37a1edc1366c refs/pull/187/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 7a436aa4f88e013f10c3de25bc482d0b8ad1aeeb refs/pull/187/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 11af4677088521ed0c5170baf5bbaceae07b9d45 refs/pull/188/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- fdf737cc4887d4ca1941dc82bf1554c522376e61 refs/pull/188/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- c72285165e716550c2b9df5fa1b759dc1d0c24ef refs/pull/189/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- debe335a4a68c902b3d2b157454619f259a1b551 refs/pull/189/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- e95006ba47f1fea8164a154dbea59d6f0e5ad475 refs/pull/190/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 29e47864f058438b4f3a44d837d9124a64171182 refs/pull/190/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- dd2640db2289b36cd3af001d296d04bf420c2f30 refs/pull/191/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 888b9fedef90129fac9caf24fc67aa3dce48163f refs/pull/191/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- bc3ec56780376ffe01786baf09945e98107446b2 refs/pull/192/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- cb40ac81e4a19a61dff274d6ff56bc731c8f9971 refs/pull/192/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 3a5d3c3af3a695c605daf93d583e1e02cd5c9a24 refs/pull/193/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- d703ebb170d59fb41541c6523e3b83af51ab07b0 refs/pull/193/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- d37e2d4360034128379f3083d54fc9769b26debb refs/pull/194/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 7378a71cac536206fafb5eb2258e2f9e98671f45 refs/pull/194/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 5b7d90a9fa1e06f5612cded44a247d75905be90c refs/pull/195/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 47bad1ecbf6fd00bb6e2ede9ed65b5ecc21b85f3 refs/pull/195/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- abe8a4a2a04abf33b41e0d3a5a11bdb8a1922978 refs/pull/196/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- def0e6f2650bdfa8d9dcdb8b6fdbcfda4f82eb84 refs/pull/196/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a0ac4fe552872927f5c93c326eca7be53aaa788c refs/pull/197/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 1a398e0cff4849840f2f4bd14eca0579cb1f7ed6 refs/pull/197/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 65c48a7d691840df90ebe260b25d83e2d969a69b refs/pull/200/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 38ef1e4e2cb68b32766facffdbdc74a43df748de refs/pull/200/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 0188e20da2e289862f93bbb093ca4522fb308de1 refs/pull/205/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 70d3eb9ce5788cc66d9ced7a1e3a78c4a09eccf3 refs/pull/205/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 65ee01faedf5c4e53d963277c32509007f91986f refs/pull/211/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b82b7dcecca61fe252f257efb524c0d7c5ab5c0f refs/pull/211/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 92ab6ecc3036ecfb2d8816b71abef06be6e507b5 refs/pull/213/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ebeac4813732feec180ffa3bc58d503cd5928455 refs/pull/213/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- e2bef652b8054406d13dafb7bae8bf6840c51a2f refs/pull/219/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- c5a947558c15a58e649b0799385c0832c61be603 refs/pull/219/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 3de31950417820b88ce181cff1e0741e9a50b785 refs/pull/225/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 615373767843d9b519691c63f1e22ffadea19b6a refs/pull/225/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b1136a8dbf9f85fb16bf74b2dca70c5f251b5e32 refs/pull/244/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b1d84a951623221dafc9a928cfcbdf8d2c9fee5a refs/pull/244/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 6b53813f0e5ac1fe7e005791d5b78163a6c0d8be refs/pull/249/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- cd3acb3a216aaf06506fa534cf431683628bc007 refs/pull/249/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 9006bfd8333a599b4a0354cf9f47898a652ee0e6 refs/pull/27/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b2d1abb763c02d2a46093a855cdba65f2a78a80c refs/pull/27/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 7536a0ce010b4667522fa3c30f470d13c3cb32da refs/pull/28/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 31a511e20dd4e51a09cba26495551481a548e9cd refs/pull/28/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 1ebb44d3baca29026a96e2741a8bc742bd82d648 refs/pull/29/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b49b3e90d731cbfe198e7af3367d693ac68fb4ce refs/pull/29/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b1b038a854fea47676ccf8331f33602a8c507a05 refs/pull/32/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 7ff9bf883561f18d31a27e2b3049d4e846175805 refs/pull/32/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 8951b125c207e4bf8a8432bab067072a33c83f18 refs/pull/34/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 83b7a22622618b545bfe184a6dcd169240c57914 refs/pull/34/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- aa7c6c13177b05eaeab97fdf69d19fa60b1c5b54 refs/pull/35/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- d319d6558ab545e84fe9e1c54921200c6a03b0c7 refs/pull/35/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a434292b75b12ae2a805ef5dbca29f396ac3b68f refs/pull/36/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 0a81bf44197ae941e77bc80a0e80c55b9c42b20e refs/pull/36/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 8634ae7c74fab76bb4ed8369786971bc502bdeaf refs/pull/40/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- f2833395e3900cb6eba591fc5e8037af1ca658c0 refs/pull/40/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- f050618b1bfa150e33a2027ad238542d0204ddbf refs/pull/47/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 949d74de7aac670b6a2016466571d283790d3cc7 refs/pull/47/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 87667df4232d81275b0b252ddfbdc85a0c4b1b87 refs/pull/50/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 94b850a29c4c1cb3c159d85d67139e4a364f0fb2 refs/pull/50/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ffdb4cd9e9f772a85799b0e2333d652c979d8f78 refs/pull/52/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 446e1359e752d94cdd7c9bea77099a588ef2c43c refs/pull/52/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- bf530b81110339279ebcd6546ef73efc957b7a5b refs/pull/59/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 80b665b9daf3e6eb9b7461c61f3854a6f4c99c20 refs/pull/59/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 495bc60651bea4b695bc270d6ae53d6041aa7c92 refs/pull/61/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 0d3fe6839f6cf2038484a8e76236b68c2d6a6f63 refs/pull/61/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 21557db0c13b091dbe81e28dd45ce29e852bd02a refs/pull/69/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 383ac7786539eca3d15e286fd18ac045947acacd refs/pull/69/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 832dea19d6b7cc55e7fde5bffb9f718cc5127e02 refs/pull/70/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 55a6649bef659871c667f043c062b617b55dcf1e refs/pull/70/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- f5837ecffc50b2eed1d208af697cba135b044229 refs/pull/71/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 38ec58be3f554fdd10e4291ec77785dcd260b8a3 refs/pull/71/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- d45d305f03611a4fdcddc517760e88aec6d67109 refs/pull/73/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 78dfbaeabc0fe2026ccba3f825b2cab0eb443834 refs/pull/73/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- d63d8ad0f3140f9e73dad8bd56c2ab53f535a399 refs/pull/76/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 60028c36110cd26418c0fb31efa392f6e0823179 refs/pull/76/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 9c66224187bd8d55b0cf9b2c0d15a886c5559222 refs/pull/77/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 4b1f63112800fb0a31160d6ea80bb91465771548 refs/pull/77/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 58462ec625d22c0f562acf4865d97e3082d89b1d refs/pull/78/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- e607ed1342bf7e38931019baee6d64fd41c98980 refs/pull/78/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 9ad448ffb3e49920b20d36c47e410a2d3d0fda12 refs/pull/79/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 34706ec386c721933a4f2d366ee2c951d77cf2d2 refs/pull/79/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 763549817b5af82da1e37ec2711a0f948ba83ef5 refs/pull/86/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 73463b18143a2e4393d567de41c681f7c329f347 refs/pull/86/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a388e5772e411107af684cfa1eac63875310a332 refs/pull/88/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- afbb8c2f38f6fbbf26dc8bd3d6bff925ce30d9b7 refs/pull/88/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 751ef19b2643b931db0811a89ae40cf34f60460f refs/pull/91/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- bc829ea8805a9eb766c389bc629d06c9c0b5ce80 refs/pull/91/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- fde3682d22a71e1848fbcbc7346e621518ff49e8 refs/pull/95/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 6bdad763038145e90c12ebac87629a84e95b0197 refs/pull/95/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- e13368413bd5c68f444164e1e944ab52b9487c13 refs/pull/96/head
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b4f62a2f45f9be4c7f8aa16d5f9c1d15853681d4 refs/pull/96/merge
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 3af3e0632b5475427646e87b8eb4285582f431d9 refs/tags/0.5.0
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 3cece960f3f62af3b0414a1e09013b68db28a186 refs/tags/0.5.1
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- a32429792c9b393732bd026d42374f226c928559 refs/tags/0.6.0
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- f805e6aeb4e837900ec365e3bcc659d8ca5a0e5b refs/tags/0.6.0-rc1
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 2945a5023280b0f407dc04e08a6efb72ea24cc7c refs/tags/Christmas-Pre-Release
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 4a419dd6c423d085466fbfd5d5adf1d996f74e04 refs/tags/Christmas-Pre-Release^{}
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- b452068830d19113fb3fdb51ee52232c0534ffbb refs/tags/HEI-RC2
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 93233be952de0dc656c9c8440147aaf4a3969567 refs/tags/HEI-RC2^{}
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 
Debug: Read ref listing.
Debug: Remote helper: -> option progress true
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ok
Debug: Remote helper: -> option verbosity 1
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ok
Debug: Remote helper: -> option check-connectivity true
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- ok
Debug: Remote helper: -> fetch 064275ea9c91688442ab215b5b641ac93fdd77b0 HEAD
fetch a32429792c9b393732bd026d42374f226c928559 refs/heads/0.6
fetch 6153fdaf34d9d3eec5fc1541b0373db6ef0eac25 refs/heads/HEI-Release
fetch 9d452017c18389120c662bfe5a3379a0c15458e7 refs/heads/HeroOfAllacrost
fetch 064275ea9c91688442ab215b5b641ac93fdd77b0 refs/heads/master
fetch f5a3727f88d5c48f3c28af85bd32567772314c1a refs/heads/sdl2
fetch 3af3e0632b5475427646e87b8eb4285582f431d9 refs/tags/0.5.0
fetch 3cece960f3f62af3b0414a1e09013b68db28a186 refs/tags/0.5.1
fetch a32429792c9b393732bd026d42374f226c928559 refs/tags/0.6.0
fetch f805e6aeb4e837900ec365e3bcc659d8ca5a0e5b refs/tags/0.6.0-rc1
fetch 2945a5023280b0f407dc04e08a6efb72ea24cc7c refs/tags/Christmas-Pre-Release
fetch b452068830d19113fb3fdb51ee52232c0534ffbb refs/tags/HEI-RC2

Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
remote: Counting objects: 21346, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (6307/6307), done.
remote: Total 21346 (delta 16463), reused 19820 (delta 15000)
Receiving objects: 100% (21346/21346), 176.39 MiB | 619.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (16463/16463), done.
Debug: Remote helper: <- lock /tmp/tmp/.git/objects/pack/pack-0fbfc20b972e818e42e3c83a68d80bf4bf9f80ef.keep
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- connectivity-ok
Debug: Remote helper: Waiting...
Debug: Remote helper: <- 
Checking connectivity... done.
Debug: Disconnecting.
error: git-remote-https died of signal 13
sb@sb:/tmp$ 

The output of "strace -f git clone ..." is 100M, so attaching and sending to the list is no option,
but the error is also in there
	$ cat strace_err |grep died
	write(2, "error: git-remote-https died of "..., 42error: git-remote-https died of signal 13

If you're interested in peaking around that file, obtain it with
	wget http://www.stefanbeller.de/tmp/strace_err
 
Thanks,
Stefan