Subject: Re: [PATCHv3] transport: Catch non positive --depth option value

From: "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:43:14 +0100

On 26/11/13 04:06, Duy Nguyen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM, "Andrés G. Aragoneses"
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 22/11/13 02:18, Duy Nguyen wrote:
>>> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> Have you run the tests with this patch?  It seems that it breaks
>>>> quite a lot of them, including t5500, t5503, t5510, among others.
>>>
>>> I guess it's caused by builtin/fetch.c:backfill_tags(). And the call
>>> could be replaced with
>>>
>>> transport_set_option(transport, TRANS_OPT_DEPTH, NULL);
>>>
>>
>> Not sure what you mean,
>> https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/t/t5550-http-fetch.sh doesn't
>> call backfill_tags. What do you mean?

That was a typo, I meant
https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/t/t5500-fetch-pack.sh

> I wrote "I guess" ;-) I did not check what t5550 does.

Any hint on where to start looking? It doesn't look like any test is
using a non-positive depth, so I'm really confused.