Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix safe_create_leading_directories() for Windows

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 19:11:42 +0100

On 02.01.2014 18:33, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> -- snip --
> On Linux, we can get away with assuming that the directory separator is a
> forward slash, but that is wrong in general. For that purpose, the
> is_dir_sep() function was introduced a long time ago. By using it in
> safe_create_leading_directories(), we proof said function for use on
> platforms where the directory separator is different from Linux'.
> -- snap --

While I'd be fine with this, I do not think we really need it. As you 
say, is_dir_sep() has been introduced a long time ago, so people should 
be aware of it, and it should also be immediately clear from the diff 
why using it is better than hard-coding '/'.

That said, I see any further explanations on top of the commit message 
title is an added bonus, and as "just" a bonus a link to a pull request 
should be fine. You don't need to understand or appreciate the concept 
of pull requests in order to follow the link and read the text in there.

-- 
Sebastian Schuberth