Subject: Re: [PATCH] mv: better document side effects when moving a submodule

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 18:57:53 +0100

Am 06.01.2014 23:40, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Does this new paragraph make it clearer?
> 
> Don't we have bugs section that we can use to list the known
> limitations like this?

Right, will change accordingly in v2.

>>  Documentation/git-mv.txt | 10 ++++++++++
>>  t/t7001-mv.sh            | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
> 
> It also may make sense to express the test as "this is what we would
> like to see happen eventually" in the form of test_expect_failure;
> it is not a big deal though.

We'll get the "what we would like to see happen eventually" test for
free from the recursive submodule update framework I'm currently
implementing, so I propose we don't implement this exepected failure
in this patch.