Subject: Re: 'git log' escape symbols shown as ESC[33 and ESC[m

From: Yuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:46:01 -0800

On 01/16/2014 18:32, Jeff King wrote:
> Ah, if "more" can handle the colors, then that is preferable.
>
> I do think it would have to be system-specific, though. Unlike "less",
> there are many implementations of "more", and quite a lot of them will
> probably not support colors. We can make it a build-time option, and
> set it to "on" for FreeBSD.

Build-time option would be perfect.
#if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(__OpenBSD__)
I think they all use 'more' derived from the same root.

> I would go even further, and convey even more information with
> colors. For example, make all dates which are less than 24 hours red.
> That's an orthogonal issue. I'm not sure I agree, but if you are
> interested, feel free to prepare a patch, which will get some discussion
> going.

Orthogonal, I know. Conveying more info in aesthetic way is always good, 
without making it look like a rainbow.

Yuri