Subject: Re: [PATCH] add: don't complain when adding empty project root

From: Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:39:51 +0100

[]
> filepattern is related to current directory too (e.g. "*.sh" from "t"
> won't cover git-rebase.sh, ":/*.sh" does). Yes a patch to update
> git-add.txt to use the term "pathspec" instead of "filepattern" would
> be nice. A pointer to pathspec glossary could help discover
> case-insensitive matching, negative matching..

To somewhat end this thread: 
I haven't been able to find a patch that really improves the documentation,
because "Documentation/git-add.txt" has already been updated:

commit 30784198b766b19a639c199e4365f2a805fc08c6
Author: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Feb 14 15:51:43 2013 -0800

    Documentation/git-add: kill remaining <filepattern>
--------------------

And all changes are here:
http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git-add.html

But, look at
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-add.html

This page seems to need an update too, and I wonder why:
a) The makefile did'nt re-generate html even if it should have
b) That page is not owned or updated by the git.git maintainer
c) Any other reason?

Does anybody know how to trigger an update at kernel.org?

/Torsten