Subject: Re: Feature Request Google Authenticator Support

From: Jakub Narębski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:22:33 +0100

On Thu, 2014-01-30, Erik Faye-Lund wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Max Rahm <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Github supports google authenticator 2-step authentication. I enabled it
>> and how can't figure out how to connect to my github account through git.
>> I've looked pretty hard in the man pages and on google and can't seem to
>> find anything on how to set up git to work with a repository with 2-step
>> verification. Here's a link to my stackoverflow question with my exact
>> problem if there's something I'm missing.
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21447137/git-github-not-working-with-google-authenticator-osx
>>
>> As far as I can tell the feature is not supported. I'd like to be able to
>> use the 2-step authentication but obviously I'd like to be able to push my
>> code :D
>
> This sounds like a question for the GitHub support rather than the Git
> community.

Especially that Git prides itself that it does not do authenthication,
but passes it to appropriate programs, SSH or web server (HTTP).

Own git:// protocol is unathenthicated.
-- 
Jakub Narębski