Subject: Re: A few contributor's questions

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 17:35:29 +0100

On 2014-01-31 14:04, David Kastrup wrote:
> 
> I'm still in the process of finishing the rewrite of the builtin/blame.c
> internals.  Now there are various questions regarding the final patch
> proposals and commit messages.
> 
> Point 1) signing off implies that I'm fine with the licensing of the
> file. builtin/blame.c merely states
> 
> /*
>  * Blame
>  *
>  * Copyright (c) 2006, Junio C Hamano
>  */
> 
> which obviously will not match the authorship of my contributions.
> Since Junio has given blanket permission to reuse his Git contributions
> under other licenses (see
> <URL:https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/blob/development/git.git-authors#L58>)
> that I am not going to license my work under, the first commit in the
> respective series would replace this header with
> 

It's a long time since I wrote that document.

Does this mean you're not willing to relicense your contributions with
the license used by libgit2? That's what the document is supposed to
mean and it's what I asked on the mailing list when requesting
permission.

The libgit2 license used as of today is still the license that people
agreed to relicense their contributions under. It can be found here:
https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/blob/development/.HEADER

I'm mostly adding it here for the sake of clarity in case people find
this in the future and wonder what all the fuzz was about.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.