Subject: Re: Make the git codebase thread-safe

From: Karsten Blees <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:22:13 +0100

Am 12.02.2014 19:37, schrieb Erik Faye-Lund:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Stefan Zager <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Erik Faye-Lund <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Stefan Zager <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I don't want to steal the thunder of my coworker, who wrote the
>>>> implementation.  He plans to submit it upstream soon-ish.  It relies
>>>> on using the lpOverlapped argument to ReadFile(), with some additional
>>>> tomfoolery to make sure that the implicit position pointer for the
>>>> file descriptor doesn't get modified.
>>>
>>> Is the code available somewhere? I'm especially interested in the
>>> "additional tomfoolery to make sure that the implicit position pointer
>>> for the file descriptor doesn't get modified"-part, as this was what I
>>> ended up butting my head into when trying to do this myself.
>>
>> https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/#/c/186104/
> 
> ReOpenFile, that's fantastic. Thanks a lot!

...but should be loaded dynamically via GetProcAddress, or are we ready to drop XP support?