Subject: Re: [PATCH] rev-parse --parseopt: option argument name hints

From: Ilya Bobyr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:26:18 -0700

On 3/11/2014 12:10 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Documentation on the whole argument parsing is quite short, so, I
>>> though, adding an example just to show how usage is generated would
>>> look like I am trying to make this feature look important than it is
>>> :)
>> You already are by saying the "Angle brackets are automatic", aren't
>> you?
> That is, among the things --parseopt mode does, the above stresses
> what happens _only_ when it emits help text for items that use this
> feature.

`argh' is used only while help text is generated.  So, there seems to be 
no way around it :)
I was talking not about the automatic addition of angle brackets, but 
about the documentation on `argh' in general.
The section where I've added a paragraph, is not specific to the help 
output, but describes --parseopt.
I though that an example just to describe `argh' while useful would look 
a bit disproportional, compared to the amount of text on --parseopt.

But now that I've added a "Usage text" section to looks quite in place.

I just realized that the second patch I sent did not contain the 
changes.  Sorry about - I will resend it.

I was also wondering about the possible next step(s).
If you like the patch will you just take it from the maillist and it 
would appear in the next "What's cooking in git.git"?
Or the process is different?