Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Apr 2014, #01; Fri, 4)

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 20:35:00 +0200

Am 05.04.2014 11:19, schrieb Johannes Sixt:
> Am 04.04.2014 22:58, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
>> * sz/mingw-index-pack-threaded (2014-03-19) 1 commit
>>  - Enable index-pack threading in msysgit.
>>
>>  What is the status of this topic?  A failure report exists
>>  ($gmane/245170), and I am aware of Duy's $gmane/245034 but that was
>>  where the discussion stalled.  Is everybody waiting for everybody
>>  else to get the discussion unstuck?
> 
> I still have to cross-check Duy's patch. I'll hopefully get to it in the
> next days and report back.

The test suite passes with Duy's patch ($gmane/245034), but t5302 fails
with this patch with a MinGW build. The patches touch the Cygwin
configuration, but I cannot test a Cygwin build.

I have, however, lost track of what the objective of these patches is.
Is the threaded version significantly faster, and these patches are
worth it?

-- Hannes