Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Apr 2014, #02; Mon, 7)

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 21:20:59 +0200

Am 08.04.2014 20:46, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Am 08.04.2014 00:19, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
>>> * jl/status-added-submodule-is-never-ignored (2014-04-07) 2 commits
>>>  - commit -m: commit staged submodules regardless of ignore config
>>>  - status/commit: show staged submodules regardless of ignore config
>>
>> I have two more patches for gitk and git-gui doing the same there,
>> me thinks it would make a lot of sense all four make it into the
>> same version. Should I wait until this topic hits next (or master)
>> or does it make sense to send them to Pat and Paul right away?
> 
> Either would be fine, but I suspect they would appreciate it sooner
> rather than later, if only as an advance notice.

Thanks, will do.

> How do these two relate to and/or interact with what Ronald and you
> have been discussing, by the way?

Only as a prerequisite, as the latter is about making the handling
and overriding of the submodule ignore options consistent for add
and commit. The goal there is to enable users to stage and commit
ignored submodules pretty much like they can do that with ignored
files. And the prerequisite for that is that you'll be able to see
what you staged afterwards.