Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 23/25] contrib: remove 'hooks/multimail'

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 17:28:07 +0200

On 05/09/2014 05:04 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
> Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> On 05/09/2014 02:58 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>>> No tests. No chance of ever graduating.
>>>
>>> Already out-of-tree.
>>>
>>> Cc: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
>>> Signed-off-by: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Thank you for your input.
>>
>> git-multimail is maintained outside of the Git project and is only
>> distributed along with Git as a convenience to Git users.  It does in
>> fact have a test suite, along with some other bits and bobs that are not
>> needed to use it, in the upstream repository at
>>
>>     https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail
>>
>> What's more, it has a maintainer who doesn't routinely insult other
>> people on the mailing list, conduct endless and pointless flame wars,
>> think that he is superior to everybody in sight, and throw temper
>> tantrums when his rudeness, argumentativeness, and arrogance for some
>> reason don't win the hearts and minds of other contributors.
> 
> Oh come on.  Junio is not _that_ bad.

lol

I would explicitly like to thank Junio for being so patient,
imperturbable, and helpful (not to mention hard-working!).  His prompt
and always thoughtful feedback was one of the big reasons that I got
involved in Git development in the first place.

In particular, I would like to say that I am in 100% disagreement with
the criticism of Junio that some people have deFeCated onto the list
recently [1].  Junio, please don't for a minute think that the trolls'
opinions are shared by others [2].

Michael

[1] Actually, it was only one person.
[2] Actually, it is only one troll.

-- 
Michael Haggerty
[email-masked]
http://softwareswirl.blogspot.com/