Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2014, #01; Tue, 3)

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 21:15:28 +0200

Am 04.06.2014 00:16, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> * jl/status-added-submodule-is-never-ignored (2014-04-07) 2 commits
>  - commit -m: commit staged submodules regardless of ignore config
>  - status/commit: show staged submodules regardless of ignore config
> 
>  There also are a few patches Ronald Weiss and Jens are working on
>  polishing around this topic, and a patch from Jens each for gitk
>  and git-gui.
> 
>  Waiting for the dust to settle until picking them up all.

To me it looks like the dust settled enough around that part of the
topic and I remember consensus about that change. But it would be
nice to have the gitk and git-gui patches in at the same time.

> * jl/submodule-recursive-checkout (2013-12-26) 5 commits
>  - Teach checkout to recursively checkout submodules
>  - submodule: teach unpack_trees() to update submodules
>  - submodule: teach unpack_trees() to repopulate submodules
>  - submodule: teach unpack_trees() to remove submodule contents
>  - submodule: prepare for recursive checkout of submodules
> 
>  An RFCv2 exists ($gmane/241455) with sizable review comments.
>  Expecting a reroll.

Will do, but only after I rerolled the submodule test harness
($gmane/245048) soonish, as I intend to reuse the infrastructure
introduced there for tests.

> * jh/submodule-tests (2014-04-17) 1 commit
>  - t7410: 210 tests for various 'git submodule update' scenarios

Will look deeper into that one in the next days, we really need more
test coverage in that area.