Subject: Re: git rebase --skip stuck in a loop

From: Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:16:34 -0400

On 06/12/2014 09:02 PM, brian m. carlson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 05:01:16PM -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:
>> So nobody has any ideas on what to check for or how to debug
>> this?
> 
> I'm assuming this works in the general case, because we have tests
> for it.  Do you perhaps have a repository and a set of reproduction
> steps we could use to try to reproduce this?
> 
> If you can get that information, I'm interested in trying to fix
> it.

I don't have a set of reproduction steps, but I do still have the repo
that is in this stuck state if there is any data you might want me to
pull out of it ( .git/rebase-apply? ).

I had spoken to another Ubuntu dev who said that he had this happen to
him once too and he just did an abort and tried again and the problem
went away, so it seems hard to reproduce, which is why I have
preserved the problem to try and analyze it.