Subject: Re: Git for Windows no longer on Google Code

From: Jakub Narębski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 19:03:22 +0200

Shouldn't this message be marked [ANNOUNCE] in subject?

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Dear friends of Git,
>
> the Git for Windows team, myself included, tried quite a couple of times
> to mark the old home of Git for Windows on Google Code as obsolete.
>
> Unfortunately, it is not possible to disable issue trackers nor downloads
> (and Google Search helpfully insists on listing them as top hits, still).
[...]

Hmmm... Thrust also moved to GitHub, but didn't disable Google Code page...

> Therefore it is with great sadness that I have to resort to sending this
> mail and hoping that it reaches at least a part of the people who are from
> now on undoubtedly surprised to see a "Google. One account. All of
> Google." page instead of being forwarded to http://msysgit.github.io/.

-- 
Jakub Narębski