Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] use xgetcwd() get the current directory or die

From: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 17:21:57 +0200

Am 20.07.2014 14:45, schrieb Duy Nguyen:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 6:22 PM, René Scharfe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Convert several calls of getcwd() and die() to use xgetcwd() instead.
>> This way we get rid of fixed-size buffers (which can be too small
>> depending on the used file system) and gain consistent error messages.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Rene Scharfe <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>>   builtin/init-db.c   | 17 ++++++++---------
>>   builtin/rev-parse.c |  6 +++---
>>   dir.c               | 12 ++++++++----
>>   trace.c             |  7 ++++---
>>   4 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
>
> There should be a 4/3 to replace the remaining getcwd with
> strbuf_getcwd. But I guess we could add that to the low hanging fruit
> list.

I left out the cases with the go-there-then-come-back pattern on 
purpose, as they hopefully can be changed to cease using getcwd() in the 
first place.  But I'll include another example (in addition to 
xgetcwd()) in the reroll.

René