Subject: Re: "error: Tweaking file descriptors doesn't work with this MSVCRT.dll" on wine

From: Michael Stefaniuc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:28:29 +0200

On 07/29/2014 03:05 PM, Duy Nguyen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Michael Stefaniuc <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 07/29/2014 08:30 AM, Torsten Bögershausen wrote:
>>> On 07/28/2014 12:39 PM, Duy Nguyen wrote:
>>>> I know wine is kind of second citizen but is there a cheap trick to
>>>> make it work on wine? Reverting fcd428f (Win32: fix broken pipe
>>>> detection - 2012-03-01) could result in conflicts in compat that I'm
>>>> not comfortable resolving. I don't have Windows at home. Wine is the
>>>> only option for me (or if somebody has a modern.ie image for KVM, or a
>>>> simple recipe to make one, that'd be great). "Fix wine" is not really
>>>> an option.
>> Why is fixing Wine not an option? The guy working on MSVCRT in Wine is
>> very responsive; all that is needed is just a bug in
>> https://bugs.winehq.org/ and he'll look at it. Or give me more details
>> and I'll create the bug entry.
> 
> Not an option as in "_I_ will be working on it". I don't suppose lots
> of people use git on wine to be worth the trouble, but then again
> making wine msvcrt more compatible is probably a good thing so I'll
> open a bug for wine.
Thanks! This is actually a very important use case for Wine:
Making it easy for OSS developers to test the Windows builds of their
software without having to use Windows.

bye
	michael