Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 00/19] Enable options --signoff, --reset-author for pick, reword

From: Fabian Ruch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 10:37:33 +0200

Hi Peff,

Jeff King writes:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 01:18:00AM +0200, Fabian Ruch wrote:
>> this is a reroll of the patch series that enables rudimentary support
>> of line options for git-rebase's to-do list commands and reimplements
>> the well-known commands `reword` and `squash` in terms of a
>> parameterised `do_pick`.
> 
> I just finished reading over the whole series (which is my first real
> exposure to it). With the exception of the comments I already sent, it
> looks pretty reasonable to me.
> 
> Thanks for splitting it and writing good commit messages; that made it
> relatively easy to follow what was going on.

Thanks a lot for taking the time.

Your review revealed more shortcomings of the patch series. Now that the
replay of root commits is logged, the log is dumped on the console even
in non-verbose mode. And, I must admit that the fact that `--no-edit`
hasn't been a (documented) feature of git-commit for all time didn't
struck me at all as a possible reason for using `-C`, which is a little
embarrassing.

I will include more details in separate replies to your comments later.

   Fabian