Subject: Bug report: Author/Commit date in ISO 8601 format

From: Oliver Busch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:29:44 +0200

Dear git community,

I encountered the following problem: When using the date formatting 
option ISO (either by setting --date=iso or using format:%ci for the 
committer date), the output is formatted like this:

2014-08-25 17:49:43 +0200

But according to ISO 8601, should be formatted like this (see 
http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime):

2014-08-25T17:49:43+02:00

This difference makes it impossible to use automated string conversion 
(in my case, I tried to use Delphi's XSBuildIns 
(http://wiert.me/2011/07/19/iso-8601-delphi-way-to-convert-xml-date-and-time-to-tdatetime-and-back-via-stack-overflow/), 
which converted git's output "2014-08-25 17:49:43 +0200" to a TDateTime 
of "2014-08-25 02:00:00"; conversion worked correctly when using 
"2014-08-25T17:49:43+02:00" as input).

I therefore suggest to adapt the output when using --date=iso or 
format:%ci to comply 100% with the ISO 8601 specs, or at least change 
documentation to say the output is only "ISO-like".

Kind regards,

Oliver Busch

-- 

Oliver Busch, M.Eng.

Airport Research Center GmbH
Bismarckstraße 61
52066 Aachen
Germany

Phone: +49 241 16843-161
Fax: +49 241 16843-19
e-mail: [email-masked]
Website: http://www.airport-consultants.com

Register Court: Amtsgericht Aachen HRB 7313
Ust-Id-No.: DE196450052

Managing Directors:
Dipl.-Ing. Tom Alexander Heuer