Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] add macro REALLOCARRAY

From: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:52:05 +0200

Am 16.09.2014 um 05:04 schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM, René Scharfe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> +#define REALLOCARRAY(x, alloc) x = xrealloc((x), (alloc) * sizeof(*(x)))
>
> I have been wondering if "x" could be an expression that has an operator
> that binds weaker than the assignment '='.  That may necessitate the LHS
> of the assignment to be somehow marked as bound the tightest, i.e.
>
> #define REALLOC_ARRAY(x, alloc) (x) = xrealloc((x), (alloc) * sizeof(*(x)))
>
> Or am I being overly silly?

ALLOC_GROW did well without that.  I can't think of a good use case for 
a complex expression on the right-hand side.  That said, I think I still 
have a spare matching pair of parentheses lying around here somewhere, 
so let's play it safe and use them. :)

The added underscore is a good idea as well.

René