Subject: [slightly OT?] TOTP gateway for any service on any server

From: Sitaram Chamarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 19:20:02 +0530

Hi all,

I've just created a general purpose TOTP "gatekeeper" that is designed
to gate access to any service on any server/OS (as long as traffic can
only go *through* the TOTP gatekeeper).

The inspiration was Konstantin Ryabitsev's implementation of two-factor
authentication for kernel.org -- from which I got the idea of "use TOTP
to whitelist an IP for some time".

I then extended it to protect any TCP port on any server behind the
gatekeeper.  http://gitolite.com/totport/ is the documentation, and the
source is linked there.

I'd welcome any feedback but please be mindful of the fact that deep
discussion may veer way off-topic for the git or gitolite mailing lists,
although I hope I won't get flak for *this* email :-)

sitaram

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gitolite" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.